Monday, September 17, 2012

Top 12 things I thought about America that are not true


1. How are you? - I am fine. 

No, you are not fine, you are totally depressed, stressed, you are freaking out almost. You are wearing sweat pants, your hair is messy and you shop at Walmart. No you are not OK, you are not fine either. You are broke, your job is low pay or you do not have a job. Your kids are bouncing off the wall, you screamed at them all day, being a personal chauffeur, cleaning the house after them before they come back from school and make it as messy as it was. You walk the dogs, you clean the cat's litter, you wash the dishes, and you look at yourself in the mirror seeing an old ugly fat lady. You go to the mail box- full of bills, you do laundry, you pick up the kids from school, your hubby is coming home and demands dinar and a sex. NO, you are not fine, why don't just say the truth next time someone asks you, don't need to hear the reasons, but will make the person who asks you feel a bit better that he/she is not the only one total loser in the world with a bad day today.  We are all humans, and we are not perfect and always every time everything is fine. 
Please do not be offended, this is what I think about myself as well sometimes.  

2. Reality TV

There is NOTHING real about reality tv guys. If you ask me how do I know, I will only tell you this- I was part of reality TV show and they hired me as an actress and I had an acting specific role that they required me to ACT during the tv show. I do believe from personal experience that most of the reality tv shows are just fake and all acted for people's entertainment. 

3. Junk Food

People if you didn't have so much extra food that you throw away, wouldn't be a junk. I am coming from a country where the food is limited or not around at all, so every little thing that you put in your mouth called food is valuable and nutritious. Human body needs everything and whatever you do not need goes to the waste basket called toilet! Maybe we should not waste so much food, we can save money that way too. 

4. Free and Freedom

I am so sorry but there is nothing in this world that is free. Everything has a price and someone ended up paying it or will pay it soon enough.
There is no such a thing as free or freedom. 
No, let me correct that- it is a thing out there as free and freedom. That will happen if you are totally broke and you live in a jungle or island with no politics involved and no other people around. Than you will be free and have a freedom to do whatever, but you will feel alone, I guess not free still from problems and issues. OK now scratch my last thought too, definitely no freedom!

5. America's "next top models"

Yeah, right, rats ass. All these perfect white teeth, perfect hair, perfect skin and body are NOT TRUE. When I came here in America I thought I will see all those perfect people, but guess who did I see- just me and you walking down the street, all normal, all human.
All we see in magazines, TV and etc. is a product of a fancy technology and skilled people with magic brushes. I just feel bad for all these people out there that are trying to compete with those magazines…
Maybe if the truth was out there- will be less depressed people around, less crime and more happy days. WE ARE ALL HUMANS AND WE WILL NEVER BE PERFECT. Otherwise we will be gods right?!

6. "I agree"

Wow, on what really do we agree? Seems we agree on everything, while setting up an account, downloading a song, installing a program, and so much more we all agree to, yet we never agree on all the pages of stuff that they require us to do in the meantime. I am one of those people - I agree now too.

7. "I love you."- "Me too"

I am starting to get the impression, people do NOT know what is really love or they just don't mean it when they say it. 
“I love you” shouldn’t be the “the end” of your conversations and definitely not a goodbye at any phone conversations.
What happened to the perfect moment, under the moon light, holding hands, my head rest on your shoulders, we are looking at the full moon remembering the first day we met and then we look into each other's eyes and we feel this tension and sure irresistible attraction. Sparkles flying all over, hear beats faster and faster...and than BOOM "I love you", and I am all melting answering "I love you too and I really mean it!" Ugh, that’s cheesy, but so sweet and we should all have that moment at least once!

8. Police

So I am driving with a friend, going for a lunch. I am parking front of the already picked fast food place and it happened to be next to a police officer's squad car.
"What the hell are you doing?" I got yelled. 
"What do you mean?" I am blinking confused. "What did I do wrong."
"You shouldn't be parking next to the cop's car!"
"Why not? Am I braking any law with parking next to it?"
I didn't get an answer and I will never understand why the police is so hated in America. In my country we love the police, we fall in love with the uniform, we wave at the officers, and we always trusted them while lost or in need of anything. Here in America everyone is on edge when seeing a police officer. You know they are people just like me and you, right?! They just fallow the law and make sure you do too. Too bad we are meeting them often when we experience something bad in our life, yet every day we are NOT robbed, harassed, raped or killed is THANKS to them. So thank you Police officers for your duty and that you had the guts to go out there and risk your life for mine without even meeting me. And  I don't hate you for choosing that career path. 

9. Speed limit

What is this really speed “limit” here in America? I learned that if it’s saying 55, I can drive 10 over. If it’s 65, I can go 10 over as well, but I should not speed really more than that because that will really get me to a pull over and a ticket. So what is really the limit? I really don’t know, but I love it here in America.
They let me drive that fast, but I had a hard time with them giving me driving license. I had to go seven times total before they felt sorry for me and approved me for the road lol.

10. Chicken noodle soup

Yeah, right with chicken… In my opinion they should call it “Lucky chicken noodle soup” if you find any chicken in it- you are lucky.

11. Everyone is rich.

In my country everyone thought money here grows on trees and everyone is rich. Well, no exactly, everyone is rich with bills and some of them go for 35 years or life time, like a house mortgage or student loan. Do not ask about my student loan… hahaha

12. “See you later”

That means “not at all” or in a few days that will feel long as months. Same with “Call you later” and “Talk to you later”. I never understood why people don’t mean the words they say. And when I say “I’ll call you later.” and I really call them in a few hours it is so shocking to them…






No comments:

Post a Comment